Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2012: End of the world? No, just the end of good movies.




Firstly, I did not have extremely high hopes for this movie as it is not really my style to begin with. BUT, having heard so many good things (and my mother's claim that it was 'the best movie she has ever seen' - something she says about approximately every second movie she sees), I figured 'what the hey', it can't be THAT bad. I was WRONG. So wrong.

I think it is the responsibility of film makers to do some research before making a movie, but it seemed quite clear to me that little to none was done for this film. Or maybe they just did some 'Wiki' research.
From the very beginning it showed it's complete lack of research and a pathetic plot, not so cleverly disguising both with 'whiz bang' special effects. And speaking of the special effects - for the MOST part they were pretty cool! But, in some scenes I could almost see the green screen, the characters looked so out of place. Just way too overdone.

I love John Cusack. In fact, he was the only reason I kept watching. But even John could not save 2012 for me.

Fail. 1/5.

Oh, sidenote: anyone who actually thinks the world is going to end in 2012? Please stop telling people: you sound like a nutcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment